View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 05:10 PM   #657
TKCR

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

I got a set of CrewCab seats yesterday for cores. They look pretty decent, don’t they? Well looks can be quite deceiving! This is why I restore & repair the seats the way I do. There is so much hiding under the covers that you’ll never see. But I do, because every core I get for restoration, gets completely stripped down and any thing that needs repaired will get repaired.
There wasn’t much I could save on this pair of seats. They were so badly rusted, I saved what I could and the rest went directly to the dump. Here is a list of what I was able to save.
Both of the seat backs.
2 sets of seatbelt bezels.
1 seat bottom foam
A few bolts & hardware
A set of front CrewCab/Suburban tracks, and that is even iffy at this point. They are totally seized up. I beat them with a rubber mallet and couldn’t even get them to budge. So they will soak in some EvapoRust for several days and then I’ll have to reinspect them.
Everything else was completely trashed. The seat bottom frames were so ate up with rust. I have to say, I have never seen any this bad! I only got a picture of the one seat bottom. The other one was just as bad as this one!
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 12-14-2021 at 06:55 PM.
TKCR is online now   Reply With Quote