View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 11:59 PM   #17
GSFMECH
On the road

BobbyK,

Thanks for posting all the pics and sharing the info. I too have been fighting the stock AC on my 72 SWB but my results are not as good as yours. I am running the stock A6 compressor, but also have switched out the POA for the same kit you have and have converted to 134A. My truck is great on the highway (not as cold as yours) but idling in traffic the vent temp goes up to 65/70 and it sucks. I have adjusted my charge all over the place, tried every trick I know and pulled what little of my hair I have left out. The thing I think I need to do is to get rid of the expansion valve and use a FOT as you have. I saw a post recently where someone did this but can't find it now. It was a universal FOT and had compression fittings that fit the thing in the line. Any chance you have any info (part number) and details on how you installed this or did you use an evaporator with the fitting for the FOT in place already such as Old Air offers? Any chance of a pic? I have a new stock evaporator and the line is bent upwards to connect to the expansion valve, but have no problems modifying it.Any info is appreciated. Thanks,
Mike