View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #374
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

thanks jim!

and just because i aint posting up dont mean i am no working!

to spare everyone the "crappy" details, the septic problems culminated in renting a 10klb excavator and calling in reinforcements. 4 sewer cleanouts added, one in the main feeder and one in each (100ft) lateral. while all the pipes were open i used my amazon sewer jetter kit and pulled THIRTY FEET of roots from the feeder and another 20-30 from each lateral. best $80 ever spent, there were two heads, one with a forward jet that worked great cleaning through blocks in the forward direction but the real star was the one with the bearing and 3 rear facing only jets, it sounded like a grinder and cut all the roots going forward and pulled them out going backward! I also bought a 50m endoscope, which confirmed the cleaning. we may not turn a profit on rent for 3 years but the laterals that were dry from the blockage now have water, and any time i need I can run the jetter through it again.

so that and christmas prep put me behind on the 46 but I did get the parts cut on the table and the cab mounted for mock up.

regular viewers will notice how abnormally clean my driveway is, normally in complete disarray and with extra snowdrifts of "I'll pick that up later" stuff. its because I got new lights in the shop, replacing those 4ft led with 8ft 12k lumen led, and exposing every previously dark nook and cranny to shame inducing brightness. so I spent a couple days cleaning.

funny story, the old lights were barely adequate, regardless i saw no reason to change them. but my neighbor mentioned offhand that i never seemed to shut them off. I said it was because hot and cold cycles on a circuit board were detrimental, and he should mind his own busin.. no I said if it bothers you I will turn them off. so the FIRST TIME I turned them off two didnt turn back on, deepening the darkness in the shop and making the new light purchase necessary. i have 6 hangy 4 ftrs for anyone local, well really 8 if you count the flickery ones.

and since I am bored I found a guy selling an abandoned project and it came with a full set of my mounts that I sold him before he abandoned it. so win win! all the missing parts are crammed inside or strapped on the rear frame rails. he has a 5.3 for sale too but I am not sure on it yet. I have a brand new 4l60e in the shop...

so thats it up till today, lots of parties today and tomorrow but I think I can get some stuff done still.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote