View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #1570
Ironhorse

Re: Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4..

Greg, Ouch, that has to sting a bit realizing what happened! Step back and take a good long breath before looking to see what the damage looks like. Things do happen to our projects thru fault or no fault of our own doing.

Not quite as gut wrenching but had a bit of a situation of my own earlier this year for my '57 two door sedan. Was changing from an aluminum flex fan to a steel six blade with no room for a fan clutch. Direct drive off the water pump, 3/4'' between fan and radiator which is per specs from GM at the time. While wrenching in the tight quarters my hand slipped on the ratchet and put a hole in the original Harrison radiator! Damn it! I was getting ready for the first car show outing after the restore. Had to pull the radiator and took it into our last remaining radiator ship for a 100 mile radius. Took awhile for the repair but at least they could fix it. Was a bit antsy going back together but all was good.

Don't beat your self up about the lift, was not your own doing like my slip up, LOL. I was not too happy with myself when I dinged the radiator. Things do happen not of our choosing but take it in stride. When all is repaired and your taking a cruise in your rig the smiles per mile will be there.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote