View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 01:45 PM   #314
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

This morning I decided that I was going to look at getting Woody on his back, so to speak, so that I could check for the dreaded tinwork and get the bottom of the cab prepped for a coating of Rhinoliner. I made the decision a while back that I am not selling any more cars so want to make it as good as I can - in stages.

So after consultation with @grizz as to the best way to tip the cab I made a start at marking the doors for removal and taking the loose items from the cab...

It was a this point that I thought the Covid had kicked in again as I felt like I was falling...

Turned out that my Christmas weight had been enough to tip Woody back on the dolly he currently resides on making me realise that this was actually going to be a much easier job that I anticipated!

Doors on. Doors off. Nah, couldn't be bother to take the doors off so latched them shut and with the aid of #1 Son, 3 old tyres and 2 bin bags full of rags....

Ta Da!

And after 2 hours with the Knott Wheel of Truth (tm) I arrived here.

I would have gone a bit further apart from the fact that it was.

a) Cold

b) Both of the Knott Wheels of Truth (tm) I had in stock were now bald

c) The Bat Flu is still coursing through my veins and, instead of turning me into Bruce Wayne has in fact turned me into an old man...Knackered....

So a cursory glance at the bits I did clean shows a few pin holes but nothing drastic, easily remedied with a quick blast with the metal glue gun, and a small patch which I was ignoring previously....

I might cut this out but then again....

This will need a little patch

But these can be addressed with a blob of weld.

Plan is to get this all done before the end of the week as I need to have the cab in paint and ready to go back on the chassis before the end of the month as I have been invited to an 'event' in early April.

Quick question why I am here. Is this a High Hump tunnel?

Will update as things progress but, until the next time... ONWARDS!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote