View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 01:49 PM   #81
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
good looking truck,you've come a long way.i have the motor and trans out of my truck now but not for long,then i build some kind of backwoods spray booth like you did for some paint work.i'd rather built a dozen engines,but has to be done.take care.
Tks! I hear ya on paint work versus just about anything else. I struggled from start to end with the body and paint as this was the first time I had ever tackled that in any serious way. Kept telling myself that it will get easier and more fun as we learn and move ahead. Still waiting! I've lost count of the # of versions of backwoods spray booth setups in the garage. It does feel good when you're done to stand back and look for sure but it would take an awful lot to convince myself to do body and paint again. If I did the one sure thing would be base/clear instead of single stage 100% for sure. At least now I get to focus on tying up the remaining sparks and bolts loose ends and get it on the road so that feels pretty great. Bedwood is on the way!