Thread: 47-55.1 1953 3100 "Honey-do"
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 08:32 PM   #122
rnrdthefox

Re: 1953 3100 "Honey-do"

Thanks for everyone's comments. They are much appreciated. This will be my last update for a few months as I just had rotator cuff surgery and will have several weeks of rehab and PT before I can get back at it. These updates are mostly incomplete and still have work to do but wanted to get a few pics up anyway.

I was looking for a windshield wiper motor that had high, low, and parking functions. I ended up pulling one from a 90s s10. I will have to modify things so that the wipers still sweep a 90deg pattern with a 360deg rotating arm from the s10 motor. I have an idea about how to tackle this but need some time mocking things up. Has anyone used this motor with the stock wiper arms?

The size is larger than I wanted but think I can fab an under-dash bracket to make it work. The other thought that I had was to use one of the vendor after-market motors that they sell for our trucks but wasn't sure if they were wired for H, L, Park, Gnd. Does anyone know?

I've tested the motor in the electrical harness and get all the options from the steering wheel pod (high, low, variable delay, mist, washer, return to park) as they are all controlled with the BCM.
Attached Images

rnrdthefox is offline   Reply With Quote