View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #39
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
What did you use for paint on your inner fenders and radiator support? It looks really nice. The engine paint looks nice on here too. Good work on your 402!
thank you sir,it's coming along although i seem to have to do things twice til it suits me?i painted the engine again last night after pounding around all day in an old dump truck.i haven't looked yet this morning but the paint looked like i was painting over oil??i can't imagine anything got on the orange paint,but you never know?so i'll be doing something with that today.all the black parts are rattle can painted with something we have here,called Tremclad semi-gloss black.i don't know if Tremclad is available in the states,it's made in Canada and i use it alot.it's oil based and seems to do well.i'm very happy with the engine.it was supposed to be out and apart along with the trans to repair the oil leaks but it wasn't in good shape once i pulled it down for a look,no good putting a band-aid on it,fix it right or don't bother.25 years in storage saved the truck but didn't do the powertrain any good,but that's fine.i'd much rather fix a motor and trans than rebuild a body.take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote