View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 04:13 PM   #113
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

The weather was nicer for a couple weeks and I put some time in on this project. I noticed that the cowl vent handle conflicted with the Brake pedal bracket. I spent 4 hours and moved the brake pedal bracket over an inch. The starter foot button was near the edge of the hole, so I moved that over a half inch. It’s action is tight with the bolts tightened, so I’ll work out the bind later. With that done I started to look at the gas pedal. The original pedal bracket had been removed. I thought about getting a replacement original bracket. I have a pedal linkage for converting from 6 to v8, but that’s for ’55 to ’59. I’d have to figure out where to position that on the outside firewall. My truck will use a cable in sheath linkage. The cable sheath mounts to a bracket on the engine on one end, the other end mounted to a hole in the firewall. I would need a bracket hanging off the outside firewall to make it work with the original pedal. The ’88 GMC pedal is an odd fit, I decided to use it. I measured the distance from firewall to pedal arm at the cable on my ’90 k1500. ~4” at rest to ~6” full throttle. I then held the donor pedal in place in the ’47 and imagined a bracket. I rough cut a cardboard bracket and carved it to fit. I wanted a better contour, I thought if I had some clay I cound make an exact template, but I got it close enough. I taped the cardboard template in place and checked the movement of the pedal. I proceeded to fab up a bracket with hand tools. I used the hf sheet metal brake for the first time. Metal is .080 so it was pushing the limits.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote