View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 08:57 AM   #267
special-K
Special Order

Re: sweet huge cars, 2 or 4 door, gm, ford, anything goes, lets see some pics

I love those Grand Prixs, too.

I swore off cars about 25 years ago to focus on just trucks, in an attempt to limit myself in some manor (didn't work). But speaking of the '67 Coupe De Ville, not so many years ago at Carlisle I was baffled by the fact that all these 67-72 GM trucks (many obviously slapped together to sell) going for what they were, and there for less than any of those was the gorgeous metallic blue on blue interior all original clean as a whistle '67 Coupe De Ville for $15k. I'll take the Cadillac, thank you, and you can have your pickemup . I'm a truck guy through and through, but that picture easily swayed me. I would have loved to have bought that car. That's my kind of Cowboy Cadillac. All a cowboy needs to do is hop in! Cadillacs were a favorite of truckers. After bouncing around tugging on the steering wheel and shifting all those gears, once home it was time to slide into a smooth machine with comfort as the focus. Also a nice way to make the woman back home happy while you're away

My dad had a '70 for a while. Bought it used, actually, off my uncle. I used to take that out for cruises in the country. I'd even slip his pork pie hat onto my shaggy head

Being a pickup lover so deeply, I love the proportions of all these Coupes shown. The Coupe is my car going way back (everyone's favorite I guess). The thing that grabs me is the shorter roof and longer back deck

Look at the butt on that!
Name:  0ea8dccba5e021aa18a93b052907dff9.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  73.9 KB
Name:  67pink_lftrear.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  ebay771970.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  35.1 KB

Ok, I'll be a gentleman. "You have such beautiful eyes"
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote