View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 10:15 AM   #270
mr.mud1

Re: sweet huge cars, 2 or 4 door, gm, ford, anything goes, lets see some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I love those Grand Prixs, too.

I swore off cars about 25 years ago to focus on just trucks, in an attempt to limit myself in some manor (didn't work). But speaking of the '67 Coupe De Ville, not so many years ago at Carlisle I was baffled by the fact that all these 67-72 GM trucks (many obviously slapped together to sell) going for what they were, and there for less than any of those was the gorgeous metallic blue on blue interior all original clean as a whistle '67 Coupe De Ville for $15k. I'll take the Cadillac, thank you, and you can have your pickemup . I'm a truck guy through and through, but that picture easily swayed me. I would have loved to have bought that car. That's my kind of Cowboy Cadillac. All a cowboy needs to do is hop in! Cadillacs were a favorite of truckers. After bouncing around tugging on the steering wheel and shifting all those gears, once home it was time to slide into a smooth machine with comfort as the focus. Also a nice way to make the woman back home happy while you're away

My dad had a '70 for a while. Bought it used, actually, off my uncle. I used to take that out for cruises in the country. I'd even slip his pork pie hat onto my shaggy head

Being a pickup lover so deeply, I love the proportions of all these Coupes shown. The Coupe is my car going way back (everyone's favorite I guess). The thing that grabs me is the shorter roof and longer back deck

Look at the butt on that!
Attachment 2165873
Attachment 2165874
Attachment 2165875

Ok, I'll be a gentleman. "You have such beautiful eyes"
you got it right on,those 2 door coupe's,short roof and long quarters..what a doll.if i keep looking at them,my wagon might just be really for sale come spring and go find a caddy.4 doors are sharp but they don't do it for me,like the Coupe,even the name is sexy "Coupe De Ville" like some high class stripper.there has been blue one bouncing around ebay,on and off now for weeks or months,price all over the place,last time i looked it was still there.it appears to be quite a car,wish it lived here.i remember,when i lived near Halifax before moving here and years ago, there was a dentist in town,had his name on the personalized plate.he had a 67 Coupe was the same color as my wagon,from California,the paint was burned up and looked tired but the car was dry as a bone,straight as a pin,never painted or wrecked.i was at a garage one day for something and that car was there,hood open.it was massive but spotless clean,looked like it just rolled out of the factory.what a car.i've wanted one ever since i saw that one.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote