View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 01:10 PM   #4
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Rear driveline vibration

What are the actual drive line angles? If you have a cv on the front of the shaft your pinion should match the shaft angle. If both the shaft angle and pinion angle match at rest it may be the issue.

I know I just contradicted myself but hang with me. Under acceleration the pinion will try to “climb” up the ring gear. So when setting the pinion angle you might need to set the pinion angle one to two degrees below the shaft angle to allow for that natural action to happen and put the pinion angle where it needs to be dynamically.

What can happen if your pinion angle matches at rest is that under acceleration the pinion climbs higher than the shaft angle and now the u-joints are not cancelling each other out correctly.

It’s a balance for sure. But knowing where you are at now should help get to the adjustment that is needed.

The slop at the 205 output is not helping but depending on how long this vibration has been occurring the loose output may have been caused but the vibration from the incorrect drive line angles. I’ve seen it many times where improper drive line angles caused damage to transmission/t-case outputs as well as pinion bearings on the rear axle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote