View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
Southcity

Re: Header feedback - Shorty or Block Hugger

There is not a member on here that has not had some sort of "issue" when installing headers, it comes with the territory. The more measuring/planning you do up front prior to purchasing, the better. Here are a few things that might be helpful:

1. Will your exhaust system hang below the frame or are you trying to get it tucked up and hidden (between frame rails)? This will help determine best place for the collector to sit and join the exhaust and what header style you go with.

2. Block hugger, shorty, 3/4 length? depends on your answer for #1 above as well as other things, for example, what is in the way in the engine compartment? (steering, starter, transmission etc). These are all things you have to work around and it will help determine which header style you go with. Sparkplug sets/boot styles can easily be changed to accommodate header type.

3. Header type - Ceramic coated, stainless, painted, raw? This is a personal decision depending on your preference, setup etc.

I recently replaced my entire exhaust system, I went with ceramic coated 3/4 length headers from Sanderson and I could not be happier with them. My entire exhaust system is tucked up and hidden between the frame rails by installing cross member cutouts.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by Southcity; 02-07-2022 at 03:43 PM.
Southcity is offline   Reply With Quote