View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 08:33 AM   #280
mr.mud1

Re: sweet huge cars, 2 or 4 door, gm, ford, anything goes, lets see some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think I need a drink. And I do drink! (coffee at the moment)

Bring your wife so she can talk you out of it. If she doesn't... time for some door knockin'

I somehow skipped over Chrysler products in my '61 binge. I guess that's because I never found them even close to the same category. Big huge cars, yes, but sweet? YeahIdunno This must be where I formed my opinion, as a kid, that Chevy had the best styling, other GMs added superficial changes, Ford more bumps and bulges, and Chrysler used whatever was left over and then some. Don't get me wrong, at this point I think anything from back then is cool as all get out. Maybe I was also prejudiced by the model kit companies. AMT was my favorite and they did Fords and Chevys mostly. Johann did the funky uncool stuff like Chrysler and Rambler. AMT dig the 3 in 1 kits and I liked dragsters and hot rods. Ford is where a lot of the old car hobby came from. Hemmings started out as a Model A collector publication and Hershey started out for Model As. Enough about all that. Just my opinion. Here are some land yachts
love them all,great pictures,off track some but these latest Mopars reminded of a 1956 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door hardtop my dad bought in 1958 when we lived in Windsor,Ontario.he bought it from the widow of the original owner,who apperantly worked at Chrysler in Windsor?he had ordered the car,waited for delivery and only a few months later passed away.i was a baby so i don't remember 1958 but i know he drove that car til 1968,it was baby blue and white,white leather interior and a hemi under the hood.it was beautiful,i always said if i ever saw one,i'd buy it but never have seen another one,other than somewhere too far away.gorgeous cars.i had a friend,a number of years ago,gave me a pair of NOS fenders for a car like the black one.he asked me to take them with to the Charlottle AutoFair and sell them.i took them to be polite but muttered to myself,nobody is going to want those things?i'll be looking for a dumpster to chuck them in?well wouldn't you know it,i was driving in through the infield to my spot,some guy is running after me,flapping his arms trying to get me to stop.he bought the goofy things before i got to my space?you just never know.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote