View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 09:58 PM   #10
D.B

Re: My 72 Cheyenne Super C20

Ok, here is a little more about my truck. The intake is an Edelbrock Performer RPM Airgap. Just wanted to clear this up in case someone was wondering why I put a plan performer intake on the RPM heads. The radiator is from Wizard Cooling and is a custom made unit with large crossflow 1.25" tubes and uses 2 - 14" SPAL brushless PWM fans. And since I needed more amps to run the cooling fans, FiTech, GearVendors, Phanton 340 Areomotive electric fuel pump and stereo system I installed a Powermaster High Amp alternator. The alternator puts out 168 amps at idle, 175 amp at cruise and 181 amps at top end. It covers what is needed with a little left over. The neat thing about the radiator is that it uses a screw in sensor that controls the fan speed. So when the engine temp gets to 175 degrees the fan starts to turn but very slowly and as the temp increases the fans speed up. Max fan speed is at 195 degrees or when the AC is turned on. I can say this, during the hottest days of Texas summer my temp with the AC on never gets above 165 degrees and when the AC is turned off it never goes above 185 degrees. Also I noticed when the fan is at full speed and you stand in front of the grill area, it would pull your shirt towards the grill. That was pretty neat when I first noticed it. I also installed a Powermaster geardrive starter since original GM starter struggled to start the engine.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote