View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 10:41 AM   #1059
duallyjams

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
James, that looks plain awesome! Did you have to put different doors on it, or? I have noticed parts of these trucks fade/weather worse than others and it has me curious why is why I asked. Was your truck a 6 cylinder truck? I just noticed the shifters. I'm sure the 4 peed shifter is hard to find. I'm guessing it is from a 71/2 cheyenne super truck? Or, you had these chromed? Those seats are dang nice too! I love it.
So on the different look. The 60-66 trucks GM used black primer on the bed and front clip and red primer on the cab. This 68 GM did the same, it has red primer on the cab and black primer on the bed and front clip, hence the different look.

GM used what was left from previous years until they ran out and with different assembly plants you never know what your going to get.

This truck has 67 arm rest but also had original maroon dash pad and visor that from what I've read was a 69 only year color for interior. It also has the later 69 and up heater control verses the black 67-68.

Some 67-68 trucks have a carry over fawn interior from the 60-66 trucks.

The truck still has the original 327 but the rest has been updated with later model SM465, NP205, D44 big hub with disc brakes and a D60 rear.

The buddy buckets where original red 68 seats, I had them redone with new foam and nos early chevy cloth for the insert. I wanted something different from hounds tooth.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!

Last edited by duallyjams; 02-17-2022 at 10:48 AM.
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote