View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 11:31 AM   #17
tdishon

Re: 59 Apache/C6 Corvette build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
my first thought was "that's super bad ass!" ... then i thought while super different and neat, that system always seamed overly complicated to me.

please, PLEASE! don't forget to put the manual door release levers inside the cab!! and safefy train passengers where it is. someone died in a vette fire in the road in front of my in-laws when a drunk crashed, battery disconnected, fire started, and the driver had no clue how or where the manual release was. my wife drives a C7 daily and that always kinda worries me when i think about it.

(sorry for the downer topic ... just couldn't keep it to myself ...)
That was the first thing I thought. Corvettes have a manual lever next to the seat on the electric latches. These have one on each side of the seat and the drivers side has an manual exterior release on a key. Not knowing where the manual release lever is located would be of huge concern. Pic for reference of a pass side latch off a c6 or c7 corvette. The c8 2020 latch has three bolts mounting and two manual releases on the driver side (and one on the pass side like in the pic).
Attached Images

Last edited by tdishon; 02-19-2022 at 08:28 PM. Reason: updated with pic
tdishon is offline   Reply With Quote