Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 11:59 PM   #1160
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

PBFAB!!!! After talking to Nate over email and phone calls I pulled the trigger. It all started with wheel rub. I bought off the shelf wheels, 8" rims to match the 10" rears that came with truck. Pretty sure the fronts are 3.5" BS. Well after I finished the truck the tires were rubbing just barely on the outside edge of tire, hitting the wheel well just inside the bolt line.

I bought the 1" narrowed porterbuilt control arms and their recommended sway bar. My truck isn't slammed so I didn't need the 1" forward as my wheels are centered as is with my 4.5" static drop up front. The new arms fix my wheel rub issue, and also in the future give me better castor and better options for wider front wheels while giving me a deeper dish/barrel rim when I finally am ready for new rims. And there are provisions for coilovers too

No issues installing, they are precision parts guys, top notch. I did have to buy new shock relocator brackets that raised the mount from the factory location to up on top of the frame rail. Gave me extra 2" of travel that the shock needed. These shocks came with my deluxe lowering kit from brotherstrucks I purchased couple years ago so that was nice they fit. I did have to notch my fender wells but wasn't bad at all.

After I got them installed, raised and lowered suspension, I noticed the arms bottom out on the upper spring pocket, but now driving it again no issues so far. I have went over some serious bumps and humps that cause the truck to go full travel both ways and no bottoming out so far.

Pics for your viewing pleasure
Attached Images

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 02-19-2022 at 12:05 AM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote