View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #2078
oldman3

Re: My 50 roadster pickup build

Well time for an update, and still having issues. After weather final cleared up, Brendan came over and hooked up laptop and off we went. Only a few miles down the road, he said turn around and go home.

The computor speed was jumping from 60 to 50, 60 to 40, all over the place. There was nothing he could do until this was corrected. We talked about the speed sensor, and he told me to purchase an AC Delco speed sensor and check it again.

He helped me with my OBDII diagnostic scanner, thru bluetooth to my phone, so I had a gauge and graph to show what the computor was seeing. This thing can do so much more, will have to play with it later.

Installed new speed sensor, took it for a drive, the same problem. After talking with Brendan we checked the alignment of the reluctor wheel on transmission shaft and the speed sensor. This is where we found the problem. The reman. transmission I bought wasn't done very good. We could see 4 or 5 teeth badly broken, this was causing the fluctuation in the readings.

Today Mark and I removed the tail section from transmission and could see how bad the reluctor wheel is, so Mark heated the gear and removed from the shaft. I have another one ordered, but it woun't be here till Friday.

I'll post up some picture, in a minute...Jim

Last edited by oldman3; 02-21-2022 at 06:13 PM.
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote