View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 12:55 PM   #1635
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

What a day.

Guess that’s what a day job is about.

In between meetings, clients etc, I also raced around doing about 55 miles to go get stuff in various places and dealing with a hysterical friend whose best friend (long term cardiac issues) was found dead at home yesterday.

Anyway…….

Back to Sunday.

I started earlier than usual, more brackets, fine tuning and fitting for the heater blower done.

Also made a clever little spring loaded seat for the fan unit to sit on, along with that bracket.

Then a small tab for the front end as the exits still need to be decided and planned, then cut and fitted once the dash is built.

Around lunch time @nickwheeler got here after spending the morning in Rochester Cathedral.

He brought gifts….. made these overnight, clevis, lengthened clutch actuator and some squirty things…..

For the screen washer, new Cortina items (I think)

Also brought this tool.

I had never seen or used one.

But I needed it as I had managed to create a use for it.

Spectacularly tactile and a true lifesaver.

Nick was telling me (I forget the make) he had bought it to work on a Russian airplane and his them boss was blown away seeing him extricate himself from a wing structure to report that he had repaired a load of faults, using it.

10 virtual beers for the guy who identifies what it is and used for.

It fixed my problem in less than 5 minutes while Nick was making up a braided hydraulic line.

While I carried on with other jobs, Nick sorted out the brake and clutch pedals and assembly.

The recessed tray for the blower in the transmission tunnel was sealed and bolted in, blower set up to allow for spacial planning.

Also edited the gear stick hole a bit more.

It still needs a gaiter to either be made up, or even an existing one to be edited to fit.

More in a bit.

About the proverbial hitting the fan, thanks to Karma.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote