Thread: New in the NW
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 05:01 AM   #11
LT7A

Re: New in the NW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmound View Post
I must report that today my hopes were dashed. I have found clear evidence it has been painted, albeit by a very, very good painter. Was hanging in the garage daydreaming of mods as one does and leaning on the bed my hand brushed a wire under the bed lip. Instantly I knew it was welding wire from the bulbous end. Grabbed a flashlight and got to snooping real deep and under the bed rail I see where they patched the holes from original bedrails. Closer inspection of the passenger jamb revealed a ridge of clear from a tape edge. Now again, this guy was real good and it has molding and the wear characteristics of being a vintage job. So, all in all I'm not mad just disappointed. Either way she looks good for her age and no one would hesitate to give her a second look at the light.
I wouldn't sweat it man. I had a similar truck that the more I looked it over, the more stuff I found that was surprisingly original. And then in the right light, I could see where somebody had tried to touch up the paint on the fender and gotten the color off just a little bit. Truthfully, it was a bit of a relief. Now I won't feel bad misting some paint onto the areas that are thin and doing some minor touch ups.

Last edited by LT7A; 03-17-2022 at 01:19 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote