Thread: Green Machine
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 05:46 PM   #33
cariboumarkt

Re: Green Machine

So one nagging issue with the #GreenMachine was the fan and fan shroud. The stock (?) 4 blade fan was inches displaced from the shroud posing a health hazard for any mechanic as well as an inefficient method of cooling the engine. I've learned that the 4WD versions of these trucks had their engines set back a couple of inches in the engine compartment for some reason. (still hoping someone can explain THAT engineering to me someday) Our truck seems to have had a 2WD fan shroud on it for some reason. A proper shroud came up for sale on the local marketplace so I was able to remedy that situation. While I was at it I added a 6 blade fan and a fan clutch for some (hopefully) economy and noise reduction. the clutch was a Hayden Automotive 2705 Premium Fan Clutch and the fan was a Derale 17118 Heavy Duty Fan Blade Series 1000 18" Steel Clutch Fan. Thanks to the members here who also made this upgrade to their trucks and listed these part numbers on this forum for us others to copy. All the parts fit correctly and seem to function properly. I haven't done a MPG test yet but expect a modest boost from this project.
Attached Images

cariboumarkt is offline   Reply With Quote