View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 06:06 AM   #1644
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Along with the other jobs he was doing, Nick was wrestling with copying all the holes, mounting points etc in the firewall.

Most of the complex stuff sits to the drivers side.

So making up the template was done section by section and then stuck together one by one.

Patience of a saint…… Saint Wheeler.

Eventually part 1 was done, and Nick was jubilant as a kid at Christmas, came charging in where I was painting trim pieces to show me.

Bloody nice to see that piece together.

Much more to come.

Happy Chappy.

One of the reasons for now making a full,new aluminium firewall is the stupid hole cut in over the transmission tunnel.

More cardboard added here to get is covered over.

Cut around and filled.

Screen frame in place too.

Just before closing up, with the cardboard template in place, a selfie.

Today I will go add a couple more holes, for the main ECU wiring loom and the heater hoses in the centre and to the right.

Then transfer the wibbly wobbly cardboard template to some thin Chinese ply I have rather than a single sheet of hard cardboard which I do not have.

Once that is completed and CHECKED AND CHECKED AGAIN, @nickwheeler can CHECK IT AGAIN before transferring to the aluminium sheet and at that point I will cut it out and add the holes for all the mounting points etc.

LASTLY……

BONUS PICS.

NICK INSISTED WE TREAT OURSELVES TODAY.

SO I ASSEMBLED THE HEADLIGHTS AND WE TUCKED THEM IN, USING JUST DUCKTAPE TO HOLD THEM AND BALANCE FOR THE SIDE LIGHTS.

LIKING THIS A LOT.

And semi-side view.

It has taken a while to get here.

But keeping in mind it is a weekend build……….

Chuffed as……
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote