View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
BASE

Re: BB Swap Using Squarebody Crossmember/Mounts

I haven't gotten too far with this one yet. I've been a bit distracted with some rust/bodywork issues, but still moving forward, slowly.

I have the mounts cut down ~1/2" and sitting in the frame. They fit very well if I line them up with the original k-series holes in the frame. The rails get narrower and have that curvature or arch, and the fit gets much worse as you move them forward. In the picture below I have a red line at the approx centerline of the original engine mounts, and the black one corresponds to where I think a factory big block c-series would sit.

I'm hesitant to drill the hole in the frame. I'm going to try and pin the back in using the original holes & crossmember and see where that puts things up front. I'm kinda hoping I can reuse the holes in the back as the upper frame rail might be a pain to drill with the cab on. I have some 1/4" and 1/2" steel pads cut in case I want to raise the engine up a bit. Trial fitting the thing in there should hopefully answer most of my questions. Hoping to give that a shot later today.
Attached Images

'68 K10 496/465/205
BASE is offline   Reply With Quote