View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 09:13 PM   #40
LEEVON

Re: "Carmine" '79 GMC K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
It's looking good!

Slotted mags and turbines just have the right "look".
Thank you! I think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Awesome! Don't forget Jon's GMC from CHiP's!
I totally forgot about that truck. The inspiration for this truck is the opening scene beach "ORV Race" from "The Goonies" haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
That glamour shot is great! How big is your grin every time you climb into that rig now? And I mean climb, haha. I like the canopy too. I bought a parts truck with one that I told the owner he could keep, but he sent it with the truck anyway. Now I'm really glad. I decided to keep and build the truck and the canopy is the perfect accessory. Truth be told, I like yours the way the last photo shows it, but sometimes a canopy can be so practical.

One more mention of the movie/tv trucks that popped up on your thread. I started a thread about those here:

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...51#post9056251
Man I can't tell you how much fun it is to drive and yeah I really need my tilt wheel conversion to be done because my large belly gets in the way of jumping in. My 5 yo forgot he was in a lifted truck the other night and stepped out into the abyss (gravel) face first and my 5-3 wife needs a hand getting in. In stock form the truck completely blended in, now it's breaking necks. My son Tanner is really stoked to drive it with the nice weather. He and I are both wanting the camper, I have a couple of camping trips this spring/summer and he needs space for baseball gear. I don't think it will be permanent though.