View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 08:41 AM   #133
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Got the frame stripped down to just a roller. there were quite a few home made brackets on this thing. Even had some lag screws in some of the exhaust brackets. Degreased and power washed the whole thing. Found some original markings on the rear driveshaft and front dana 44 cover.

Dropped off both driveshafts and the flywheel to the machine shop for service.

Now to decide if I am going to sandblast or not. It would be the quickest, just adds more expense. Trying to find out what a mobile blaster would charge versus me renting a setup. rental is about $400 for everything for a day. I can't imagine a mobile guy coming out for double that cost but who knows until I get in touch with one.

Emailed the local spring shop and they want $1400 for 4 new springs and bolts. Not in stock and would have to be ordered. I can order them online including delivery for about $825. I don't have to have them it's just a matter of "while you are there" kinda thought.

FedEx apparently delivers on Sunday now? Just got an email that all my brake & fuel lines will be here that I got from GMC Pauls. I also ordered some 2.5" ramhorns and a poly mount kit for the dana 20 t case from Summit yesterday. They are supposed to deliver tomorrow as well.

Today's plan is to fix the two damaged spots from the hitch, change out the tie rod and steering links with new moog units, clean it all up and prep for paint. Reseal the transmission and t case and get them ready for paint. If time permits clean up the engine bay while it is all exposed.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote