View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 06:15 PM   #17
SARBlade

Re: My’56 Chevy Shortbox Build

I am now tackling the suspension to put in a triangulated 4 link and doing a rear brake upgrade to disc. Funny how I had to pull the axles out to take off drum baking plates and put in the disc plates, anyway fought with that a bit. New seals etc. and checked lashing, all good. As you will see, I'm now pulling the leafs, shocks and paraphernalia, away to get an idea of my suspension set up. I took notes of my measurements and ride height that I want, however, because I have an 8.5" GM diff, I will have to reverse the upper bars in that they will be welded on the tubes and then narrow towards the front to the crossmember there. I remember that angle for these bars when they are near the pumpkin going outwards to the frame is 25-30 degrees, can it be assumed that the reverse is true for narrowing towards the front, the same angle be 25-30 degrees?

Also, I am trying to figure out my squat and I forgot to weigh my truck's front and rear to get the CoG. Does anyone have those weights? I have a Camaro clip, 350 and TH 350, with a rear 19 gallon fuel tank. I'm thinking that ballpark weights would work, at least with in 100 lbs, lol.