View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 12:15 PM   #364
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Right. Where were we....

Progress has slowed over the past few weeks for 2 main reasons.

1. I got Covid, again, 3rd time lucky...

2. Work.

Covid was actually not bad but, the aftermath this time round, was completely drained making working on Woody a chore rather than a pleasure, hence me splitting the exhaust build up into small chunks.

With that said have a picture of the other manifold connected to a bit of pipe.

3 1/2" pipe through there? I don't think so....

So with everything lined up I burnt in the hangers proving to myself that I can actually weld.

And moved onto positioning the Flowmasters.

A little rise in elevation but nothing a bit of pipe, a cutting wheel and a protractor cant fix.

So with my GCSE grade 3 maths I did a few calculations to work out the centre line of the pipe so I could make a few pie cuts in a straight bit of pipe to join everything together.

Many hours later....

Success!

Rinse and repeat.

Ordered another pair of V Bands, once these arrive I will be able to finish attaching everything and make it removable, should the need arise.

Which leads me on to the next part of the puzzle and is where I could do with your opinion.

I could run the pipe over the axle and get them to come out towards the rear of the bed. A bit tricky as there is not a lot of room on the drivers side but just about doable.

OR....

I could do this.

Obviously the pipe will run under the chassis but my thinking is to bring the pipe from the drivers side across to the passenger side, merge them and them use a 3 1/2" pipe to make a cannon out the back.

Not sure what it will sound like but feels like it could be a bit of fun.

Any other suggestions whilst you are here? Please let me know.

After spending 3 days in Copenhagen last week I am off to Belfast for a few days and then have family commitments so don't expect much for the next week or so but I am making slow progress.

Until the next time.

ONWARDS!!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote