View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 06:43 PM   #1
Detroit steel

Reminds me of Daddy

1 recently purchased a 72 short box step side c-10 that had an engine bay fire that consumed the wiring harness and all the duct work under the dash and busted the windshield , lots of smoke on the inside of the cab and melted down the carburator , distributor and several sending units on the motor . i have since gutted the interior including the gauges which were destroyed by heat.. to date i have taken the cab back to bare metal inside and out and and 2k primed in preperation for a base coats and clear . im not new to working on these older real steel trucks and cars but i have never replaced a panel that wasn't bolt on , in other words im no welder or fabricator , i just have a love and passion for the real deal detroit steel and this project is super special as i lost my Dad a couple years ago and when i was a teenager Daddy had a 67 c-10 and i worked for him at the time and he would let me drive him to and from work every day , Some of my best memories were made in that ole truck with Daddy , now im doing this in his memory . thank for having me here and i look forward to getting to know you all and gaining as much knowledge as possible . Detroit steel
Detroit steel is offline   Reply With Quote