Thread: NAPCO Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 09:57 AM   #436
MJN

Re: NAPCO Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I made my comment before all this other info was given. I could certainly see it was not an 8-lug Napco and I thought the truck looked like it had the bigger sheet metal up front. I've owned a Napco, even rebuilt the front axle, so I know what the Napco axles look like.

This picture has been on the internet as long as I have. I've always wondered what it's story is. Appears to be a similar conversion
Attachment 2182918

I see the bigger ones with the wide 6-lug pattern and 10-lug
I certainly didn't mean to step on anyone's toes and don't know what trucks you've previously owned-so my apologies. I see a lot of converted trucks get posted online and the term Napco gets used almost generically for any 40's or 50's truck that was converted to four wheel drive. The more I dig into my own Napco (even rebuilding the front axle as we speak) and learn about these early upfits it gets a little old seeing everything tagged as a Napco. I was only confirming what axle was used in the red truck out of my own curiosity than anything as I, and possibly others looking to learn, have not seen it before.
Anyway back to the topic at hand...
'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote