View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
1970BannerBlazer

Re: New Tuff Country EZ Ride Springs Bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
I also have tuff country springs ( 2") with Rancho 5000 shocks, and have no complaints.

I'm not sure what kind of ride you expect out of your Blazer, but if you want it to ride like a modern vehicle, that will never happen. I mean, mine bounces a bit too, but that's just the way these trucks are. They are short wheelbased (only 104") and have solid axles. I guess if this is your first Blazer, you may not be used to the way they are supposed to ride. They are similar to Jeeps, and you may just have to learn to live with the way it behaves.

As I've said 100 times on here, the best improvement you can do to make these trucks handle better, especially with a bit of a lift and taller tires, is to increase your caster angle with tapered shims. You want around 6 1/2 degrees of caster.

I've had a few people on here PM me telling me they did this and were amazed with the improvement. If you decide to do this and don't want to do the work yourself, make sure you go to an alignment shop that understands off-road vehicles, because an ordinary shop will just align it to factory specs which don't work with lifts and taller tires.
So the shims go just in the front or in the back as well?
1970BannerBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote