Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #11
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
Good job and lots of progress. Getting everything sealed up with the glass is a major step, suddenly you're weather proof. Are you painting the roof just between the drip rails or bringing the white down to below the windows?
Thanks, the white will be along the line of a standard 2-tone truck so there is that small portion along the door below the side window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Looking good! Love to see good progress! How hard was it to remove the steering wheel metal pieces that separate the colors and reinstall them? I have a wheel like that I want to restore, but have procrastinated for fear of not being able to get those little rings back on tight enough.
Thanks, things a going pretty quick right now. The roof paint will be a game changer. I was worried about the clips also, but they pulled right off with no problem. Just get behind one of the ends and give it a little help to get it started. I needed to patch on the backside of each clip. They have some small bumps on the sides that help hold them on and tight. After the paint, they pushed back on and they are tight. I was worried about putting them back on. I thought I might need a little glue but it was not needed.
For today it will be more work on the bed. I've got Bed Lift II done. The new design will help get the bed just high enough that I can get the outside boards adjusted and then the rest of them. I had about a 1 inch gap when I got all of the boards in. I made some adjustments and I'm ready to try again. I am sure that when everything gets painted I'm going to find some friends to lift it back on the frame.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote