View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 01:03 PM   #12
-Greg72

Re: New Tuff Country EZ Ride Springs Bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970BannerBlazer View Post
I was speaking with my mechanic and he also believes it’s the shocks that are causing the issue. Which is weird because these Bilsetins are the ones people swear by.

He suggested taking a look at the Rancho adjustable dampening shocks. That way I can play around with the stiffness to see if I can reduce the bounce but not make the ride too harsh.

So far I’m very disappointed in my $3000 spend. I was driving in HomeDepot yesterday and they had some speed bumps. I took the first ones very slow, the truck still bounced. The last one ended up going just a bit faster and I swear the truck front end caught air. My speed was less than a slow walk.

Anyway, I think I’ll experiment with the shocks first.

Take the shocks off completely and drive it.

Over a bump if the springs are soft it will bounce, then oscillate and settle-out over a few seconds with a real "floaty" feeling.

If the springs are too stiff, it will probably not feel all that different than it does now. It will give you a hard hit on the bump with almost no "float" afterward.... the way it reacts will quickly isolate if you have a spring issue or a shock issue.

-G

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote