View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 08:11 AM   #137
slimjim66

Re: Slammed 1966 GMCummins 12v

no the valve body shifts good, its harsher than a stock shift obviously but its not crazy. I've been in some gas stuff that just hammers gears and it gets fairly annoying just cruising around town. with that being said if i shift with the converter locked up it will snap your head back lol, I've only done it a couple time by mistake but its a different feeling for sure. I'm really happy with the build so far, it cruises down the road so nice and the suspension seems to be able to handle the heavy ass cummins over top of it. you were right tho the back of my truck is covered in soot already, im already looking into putting a taller stack on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I have a little larry touche on my orange truck and I doubt I'd buy another. I could have done the same thing with semi seat switches just like you said. Your friend is correct. Any big truck shop will have a wide assortment of DOT fittings and a lot of them are plastic body with brass threads and are push connect. They usually always stock line and misc bags too.

On your constant pressure valve body, does it shift hard all the time? On my Corvette I have a constant pressure valve body as well with the TV wide open all the time. It's a pretty harsh shift at part throttle. I also used a lokar dipstick on both the vette and my orange truck. The locking dipstick sure makes it nice. They are sort of a pain to fill though since the opening is smaller than a standard tube.
slimjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote