View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #2534
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Yeah well the wax will do more than make it shiny for sure. Keep up on it like that and it will be looking great a very long time. Just don't forget to scrub the mud off the tires

Boog, like I said, that shower has been out of order many years. Curtain pulled shut and I just go in there to pee. I don't even do that very often. I'm usually upstairs or outside.

I need to get serious about my two major projects, moving the barn and the cellar dig-out/lay-up block ones. Both are pretty far along, but to have them off my slate will be enormous. I look at small things that need done and tell myself I can't be getting myself too spread out. I do try to always have a smaller task I can jump to when a big project gets stalled. But the shower tile is pretty big for a small one. To have that done will also me enormous. As it's been, I don't even think about it. I want to not think about it because it's done!

The more I do the closer I get to nothing better to do but mess with my trucks. They, too, have had to be waiting.

To move that barn I had to build a pavilion to store things from inside the barn while doing the move. I built it last year, about a year and a half ago. It's only temporary, made to easily disassemble and reconstruct somewhere else (as a carport). I was thinking what a good thing it is that I did that last year and not this year, with the way the cost of materials has gone up. This project requires a lot of temporary construction, temporary support posts and beams, cinder block connector walls, cross-beams from wall to wall, and misc. bracing. Probably more spent on temporary materials than permanent. et this done I'll be able to move back in freshly organized, get my slab work area back, and gain a carport for my '72 K2500.

Then it's get all the cinder block stacks to disappear into the cellar. I stay motivated to see these things through, so I can start talking about something else

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote