View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 10:34 AM   #5616
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Well.

So much for taking the day off to do stuff.

But, I did manage to clean up and sweep up the whole carport and drive after yesterday’s storms deposited half the garden un under the Rezin Rockit.

Mickey was clearing out his garage, and a load of electrical tools.

Now the first thing I will say is that you have to be bloody desperate for a few beers to stand and cut all the electrical cables of perfectly good power tools.

Sadly, he does like a drink, a lot.

So before the tools ended up on the sidewalk to be collected as scrap, I put them all in the wagon and brought them home, along with a couple of small metal toolboxes, one of which will be added to the rear of the car.

@craigrk will be here tonight to collect them and some more stuff I have collected for him over the last three months or so.

Dewalt cross cut saw is in working condition as are the others.

It never ceases to amaze me how wasteful people can be, and then complain about the cost of living.

I was also speaking with,Darren at Unit Engineering this morning about a good time to collect the fuel,tank, which is now completed.

So after agreeing to “any time” I messaged Sally to ask if she wanted to go with to Sheppey.

She needed new trainers, a soft toy for Bonnie (from a charity shop) and I needed to find a large piece of high density foam to add to the inner firewall as noise absorption and to tidy up all the visible fasteners in there.
No luck on finding an inch thick yoga mat type piece of foam, but trainers and toys ✅

Then around to Darrens shop to collect the tank and scavenge as usual.

I also had marked the gearshift extension where it needed to be kinked.

So we put it in the hydraulic press and managed to get it perfectly bent.

The sort of service you do not get many places.

And easy as that.

Kinky.

Back home, Sally went off to get her seedlings potted for this year. And I unpacked the car.

First thing…………

Screw it in.

Love it.

Scavenging at Darrens yard, I found and traded two sets of gokart wheels.

One set for me, one set for Craigs wagon he is building on the chassis he bought off Uncle Bob.

Why would you want a 3 Series or C-Class sedan when you can have a wagon.

Loaded.

Love a wagon, did I mention it already?

Unloaded.

Tank needs to be dried out before assembly.

I am also going to drill and weld in a drain plug in the bottom, in case one ever needed it.

Then once fitting starts, I will make up the tabs to weld on and bolt it under the body so all access is free to the feeds and wiring.

The Mazda fuel tank parts were shortened to fit in the 10 inch depth of the new tank.

Now headed down to the garage for a late start.

What next.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote