View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 05:34 PM   #58
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1970 Custom/10

Finally got the girl out and rove it some today. I have been working on some sheet metal repairs/replacement. After the hood work, I tackled the driver's side drip rail replacement. I ended up just replacing the bad section and used an automotive panel bond instead of welding it. I didn't want to warp it and felt the bond would hold it in place just fine. Cleaned it up, sealed the drip rail area, some primer and some paint. I don't know if or why Ed went with the almond color instead of the factory white. I'll be redoing it later, mostly because it will need it and the can of paint I had was old and acted up so it is not as good as I would like. I don't have the paint to touch up the hood yet, but discovered you really need the emblem on there if you want to open the hood easily. Besides driving it more, my next project is to get the new doors ready to replace the rotted out ones.

She drove great and it was real windy, so it blew most of the sanding dust off, saving me from having to bath it today.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote