View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #12
Boog
laying low

Re: What have you done to your truck this week.

No. I first took the Tahoe to them and told them it was the main seal but their mechanic said the valve cover gaskets were pouring oil. So I let them replace them knowing they had not been replaced in the 10 years we've owned it, and with the miles it has it wouldn't hurt. Convinced it was fixed they returned it to me and I parked it at home for a couple of weeks. When it warmed up a bit I put it up on ramps and crawled under to have a look over. I used a whole can of carb cleaner and towels to help get a sense of where the oil was coming from. It never was the vc gaskets. I tightened a couple of oil pan bolts, wiped it down again and let it sit while running and it seemed to be much better. Then a couple days later it was dripping again just as bad as before it went to the shop. So this time I reminded them I told them the first time it was the main seal and that's what I want done! I asked if this job was above their mechanics experience level. I was assured it was not. So I should probably get it back Friday. We'll see.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote