View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #1
Cecoda

Question Clutch Issue after clutch issue!

Hey I'm Cecoda. New to the group! Glad to be here!

I have a 79 Chevy with a nv4500 in her. Worked good for 3 years. Then my buddy gave me a mini starter. I took the slave off to make it easier and to not break it. Put the starter in and put the slave back in. Then the clutch fork wasn't moving enough to disengage the clutch. Just got a 70 Gmc so I drove that instead. Replaced the master, slave, and had a braided line made. Same problem. Now we come to last night. Pulled the trans out, replaced the fork, throwout, ball pivot, clutch, and pressure plate. Now it will move! After months! Buutttt it is wrong. The pedal is just in the bottom half of the travel. The first half has a lot of pressure but when it hits half way the pedal feels like it should. When I pull the pedal out. It is either fully engaged or fully disengaged, no in-between.Things to note: the new clutch is a 12" and the last one was 11". Cutch fork ear spring on the new one was slightly a different design. And Finally, the throw out was slightly different as well, it wasn't solid on the rear side like the old one, but the front side is the same.. What are yalls thoughts?
Cecoda is offline   Reply With Quote