View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 09:00 PM   #2599
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Don't know that I've ever seen carpenter bees.
Tim, way up yonder and you are already mowing? Aw nuts! Now you've done it. I've got to go do mine now. Maybe I'll just do the first weed eating today and catch the mower part next week. It's looking a little shaggy around here. We've just had rain storms and twisters the last 3 days and another round of rain coming toward the weekend.
I'm not all that way up yonder. Maryland is a southern state. I guess it's the top of the south for the East Coast. Kind of the grey area between north and south, so weather can go either way. Red buds are about to pop. Just a half hour down the road, where I was today, and they are a week ahead. That's about the altitude change. People have started mowing since a week or so ago. Across the road, which I mow, was getting pretty long. Gets lots of sun. My property mostly had the early shoot ups that start growing before the grass. I like to let it grow longer on the first mow, but Carlisle is next week and I ended up with free time in the afternoon. I try to make Thursday my mow day. I was only going to make sure the mower was good, but once it was running I figured what the hay?

I emptied those bee traps and that one on my woodshed had 12 in it! So, all together in one day I got 16. Got two ore today after I emptied them out. I don't know why they call them carpenter bees. They don't build anything, they tear it down. They should call them demo bees

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-15-2022 at 08:03 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote