View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 08:00 AM   #51
SCOTI

Re: Project 30 Be Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury View Post
So I was originally thinking that I was going to build my own cross member and possibly upper and lower control arms but as I was looking into the engineering and time to construct the components I was not saving much money and was way too long for my time line.

So now I am 90% sure it will be a porter built drop member and PB control arms. The reason I went with the drop member is to keep the spindles from too much camber when aired all the way down. I wanted the suspension geometry to be correct all the way through the travel arc. Using a OEM cross member there is no way to drop it as low as I want to go and not have excessive camber tilt.

My target is not to lay frame but to be 1" off the ground completely aired out.
I don't have much exposure to the pre-Square HD truck chassis. What is the main frame rail height under the cab?

If it's the same as the Squares (6" height), a 1.5" x-member notch/pancake w/3" spindles put my frame rails & x-member gusset bars on the ground @ the same time when completely aired out (PB 1" forward lowers + modified stock uppers w/the stock GM steering placement). Ride height @ the rails is 4.5 -5" @ front cab mount (29.5F/31.5R).

I would of guessed the full PB set-up would put the rails on the ground before mine. What height tires ?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-15-2022 at 08:09 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote