View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 07:54 AM   #63
SCOTI

Re: Project 30 Be Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury View Post
I think we have had this conversation before The spindles I found from Western Chassis are 2.5" Since I am going to be putting PB components on maybe the square body 3" drop spindles will fit nicely. Western Chassis/POL are the ones that Nate recommended, plus the steering arm mounts from underneath the arm versus OEM mounts on top which works well with the PB system. I am not sure what the 3" version geometries are?

My wheel/tire combo will also net an additional 1" drop. currently the tires are 31.5" and the new ones will be 29.5".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury View Post
So I did some more math today and IF I can find the 3" drop spindles that work with the PB system then I will have:
3" spindle
3" crossmember
1" wheel/tire
7" total
Plus the fact that the control arms are corrected geometry they can drop more before camber is affected. With my truck on the bumps, the upper control arms are not that far off from horizontal and the ball joints are really starting to articulate the bottom control arms seem fine but the tops are starting to reach their working perameters.
The improved geometries of the PB arms allow them to articulate way past the horizontal plane and not pinch the ball joints. :LOL because nobody like it when their balls get pinched. Sorry I had to say it
I meant to follow-up on this last week. After you responded, I remembered the conversation regarding this. I went back to try & find it but couldn't in the brief amount of time spent looking & forgot about it after...
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote