View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #52
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
That Monte is pretty neat. I like the stance and side pipes. Pretty cool. Are you going to drop the van and use it for swap meets?
The kid has a friend that's going to use the Monte for prom, LOL.

The van I want to convert to 4x4. It's not easy and the one kit I found for brackets, tec. is no bargain at $2500 just for the brackets. Might be something I can reverse engineer or I go with the body swap option and set the van on a truck chassis. Lots of inquiries online for people asking if they could do it but so far I haven't found a completed one done that way. Looking underneath the van the only real problem area I see is connecting the steering and maybe the engine position, but I think that issue goes away with the van body sitting on top of the chassis, effectively being a large body lift. The van body is wider but measurements I took of my old Jimmy axles are not that much narrower, an inch or 2, which can be made up for in wheel offset and width for what would be much larger tires compared to stock.

As for the cobra, I FINALLY have the head bolts. A story all it's own. Going to get back to reassembling the engine soon!
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote