View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 09:04 AM   #165
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Feels like i am jumping all over the place (I am ) but it keeps me motivated to get this thing done. Thursday I took the wife with me to Spring Carlisle and sourced a new front floor pan. Only saved about $50 vs having one shipped but it put it in my hands right away. I am glad I took a 4 wheel wagon with me to get it back to the truck I am getting real close to wanting to get the body back on the frame so I figured before that happened I should pull the front clip off of the tub so I could do a couple metal repairs to the passenger side cowl area. I cut out the rust, Made patches, sprayed rust encapsulator down into the cowl innards with the supplied hose & nozzle that I got from Eastwood. Welded in new patches and started to grind it all smooth. Will finish that up today hopefully. Right while all that is accessible I am going to drill the spot welds out from the front floor seam and remove the passenger torque box (nothing left of the driver side) I will run some temporary screws in to keep it together until I get to the floor replacement. I need to search some threads to see if others have done the floor pan on or off the frame or if it makes a difference.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote