View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:15 PM   #69
Mike Bradbury

Re: Project 30 Be Low

So for my day job I am a facilities manager at a large local church which means I kind of have to have a working knowledge of all the systems on the campus in order to keep the facilities up and running.

There are two times in the year that churches get pretty busy, Christmas and Easter. Compounded on this we are in the middle of several renovations on the church campus. This summer we are planning to do a courtyard redevelopment project which will entail jackhammering up about 200 yards of concrete, designing and rerouting irrigation, electrical, and sewer lines for the new proposed space. Working with the city on permits and get a new grading plan for the courtyard, all while keeping the church up and running.

I have worked at this church for 28 years of my life and I have wanted to update this courtyard for the last two decades but financing a project of this scope takes some saving and a fair amount of donations. With 175,000 ft.² of building space under roof the campus sits on 10 acres and the courtyard itself is quite sizable.

I’ve been working the last week on a model for the congregation to get a practical look at the plans we have for this summer. a fair amount of this will be 3D modeled on the computer but getting a working idea of proposed ideas that we can move around on the board fairly easily prior to the computer part is beneficial and reduces the architect man hours.

I thought I would share a bit of what I do during the day with you guys since I haven’t had time to post progress on the truck.
Attached Images

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583

Last edited by Mike Bradbury; 05-01-2022 at 10:58 PM.
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote