View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #18
Ironhorse

Re: New Aftermarket Cabs

My concern would center on the vehicle VIN number and how it is obtained for state required registration. Many states all have there own laws and rules but I have seen on several other websites I'm on with some states being stricter than others on the older vehicles. Have seen some threads on tri-five Chevys and Chevelles go bad quickly when not following the requirements per original factory VIN tags. ie: removing a VIN tag for a repaint and then not being re-attached per factory style and or location. Before I was to move very far towards obtaining a newly manufactured cab with any $$ I would sure check ALL the requirements for one's individual state needs/requirements before hand.

That said, I can see the attraction for new metal with no rust and damage issues but would caution one to really look hard into the VIN legalities per the state one lives in.

One more issue with a state assigned VIN? Would the new cab have the re-sale value of a original restored cab with correct factory installed VIN? Lots to think of and ponder before taking the leap.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote