View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 09:50 PM   #944
LT7A

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Well look who's been paying proper attention folks, nothing gets by you sir does it. Yes indeed, I started out with a Tesla Model S gen 2 charger and then went out and bought one off a Chevy Volt. That would be like starting to learn how to drive in a Lambo and then saying you know what I think I'm gonna try a C10, ha ha

after actually getting the Tesla charger to work, I decided to go out and buy a Chevy Volt (first generation charger and a matching converter) then I found out there was a second generation set so I bought those two units as well.

YouTube video: Chevy Volt Onboard HV Battery Charger & DC-DC Converter (OBCM & APM)

At this point you may attempt to sum up what I said by asking, so do you now have a total of THREE different chargers, to which I would simply respons, NO, I also went out and bought one from a Tesla Model 3, ha ha so I have a total of 4 different onboard battery chargers to choose from
Ok, I see... But don't you only need one? I mean, won't it be hardwired in and so that the others will just sit on the shelf? Or are you going to try each of them out and see which one works best? Or are you starting a collection? Not trying to be silly.. okay maybe a little bit.. but definitely curious why you have so many.

Ok, I can only drive one truck at a time, and that hasn't stopped me from getting... uh, more than one... so no implied criticism, just curiosity.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote