View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #23
Grumpy old man

Re: New Aftermarket Cabs

It's cool and no rust is great it's your truck build it any way you want looks like a great way to start a custom build ... But I'd be checking with NJ DMV on how your going to title it ? You just may end up with a NJ state issued 2022 vin ? Nj still has state yearly inspections don't they ? I'd like to see how the doors and glass fit and I see a ton of body work that still has to be done , I don't see the toe panel braces installed ,I'm not sure they are reproduced ? And the drivers door jam has a dimple like you would see on the passengers side to hold the jack retention spring . Are you planning to use all reproduction parts or do you have a bed and front end already ? Are you doing all the build body work and paint or sending it out to a shop ? I'm interested in the whole process you'll have to go thru to avoid some rust repair . I just think using all reproduction parts you will lose some of the "Mystique value" of rebuilding a 50 year old classic truck and bringing it back to show quality to end up with a 2022 clone ? Just my opinion that and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee . Good luck I can't wait to see the finished project .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote