Thread: bad radio
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 12:28 PM   #15
dave6672

Re: bad radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Thanks John. I'll most likely do my own installation. If not we have a nice audio shop here. I'm not interested in X-m or sirius type subscriptions. And while most of my favorite types of music are on CD's I am coming to the realization I need to catch up to the times and reconsider a remote CD player or I pod or what ever those things are. I don't spend that much time in my vehicles anymore since I am no longer in the work force so a radio only should be enough anyway.
Dave. I am just about to order up one of those Retro Sound Santa Cruz units. I really want to keep the radio controls in front of me in the stock location. I like the look and it's way easier for these old eyes to read, without bifocals. Those units also have the hookups for said external players. So that radio with new speakers should be all that I'll need. I'm not interested in tweets, mid range, amps and all that jazz. I don't want to rock anybody else's world. I just really want to keep this nice truck as near stock and clean as I can. At just a walk by, 9 out of 10 people would not notice the R-Sound radio isn't stock. They have 3 versions of that radio with the highest priced being $359 with lots of features.
Thanks Boog, please keep us posted on this install. However I wish they made one with a CD player. I'm behind the times on most everything and just like the simplicity of putting in a CD and playing what I like, especially since I live in the sticks and can't pick up many stations.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote