View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 08:42 PM   #9
halfstep

Re: Gsi Vs Delmo Door Handles

I would go with the handles that have the look you like regardless of who sells/makes them.
I have Delmo handles and am happy with them. Well made, fit great, look great to me. Reasonably priced (for an expensive hobby). Photo's attached.
I got them for several reasons:
1. Cheap reproductions are just that.
2. Good quality re-chroming shops are few and as expensive or more so than the billets. Probably much more now and you would have to modify your handles to have it done - not a big deal, but another variable.
3. I liked the style of the Delmo handles I got.
4. I liked the idea of being 3/4" of an inch tighter to the body vs Ring Bros and I doubt they would make a false claim. i haven't measured against my originals. Doesn't make a difference anyway.

FWIW
1. I think Delmo has GSI make them for him. When I ordered them a year or two ago, they came from GSI and one or both parties said that was the case - at that time.
As far as the Ring Bros. I am sure they are nice and would be surprised if they are mechanically much if at all different than GSI, Delmo. I would not pay the Ring Bros. premium unless I absolutely loved their style over the others and found a $100 bill on the ground.
2. Billet aluminum is NOT chrome. Chrome is harder and slightly shinier. Good chrome is MUCH harder and much shinier. My handles have not even seen real use yet and they do have micro scratching in them. I'm OK with it - probably not noticed by anyone other than us that are spending hours and $$$ on their trucks.
3. I have Altman Easy latches installed so my experience may differ.
Attached Images

halfstep is offline   Reply With Quote